1. As of tomorrow, I have officially been living in my apartment for a MONTH. I can't believe it's been so long already. It literally feels like I've been here for a week (maybe two). I love it here so much. I have the best roommate in the entire world, babycakes91
I have a REAL bookshelf now! MEEP!
The new bedspread.
My desk area (and handy dandy map!).
2. My little sister started school at JOHNSON & WALES this week! I am so proud of her. I sent her a care package, full of fun things I thought she would need. AKA I sent her a box full of coloring books, Scooby Doo snacks, a Dream Catcher, some sexy underwear, giraffe/cow erasers, etc. If it was anyone else, they would have been horrified. But my little Amesie? She loved it all.
3. JoNoWriMo starts next week and... I AM SO EXCITED OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.
Okay, I'm good.
This will be my third year of JoNo. I am entirely in love with the community.
4. Tuesday night, the girls who live above us decided to do their laundry. Apparently they had never cleaned the dryer vent. Everybody guess what happened??
Their apartment started smoking and caught on fire.
We heard people running around outside, and then a girl yell, "I called 911!" A police was banging on everyone's doors telling us to evacuate about a minute or two later.
I ran outside after Kate, who was already heading down the stairs, when I saw the girl next door. She was holding her pit-bull and trying to lock her door, an already lost battle. I offered to lock her door for her, and in doing so made a new friend. Meanwhile, Kate was freaking out at the bottom of the stairs, screaming at me to hurry up.
We waited outside for two hours before a fireman came out and called our apartment number. We followed them into our apartment and saw that we have some water damage in our laundry room and the entire place smelled like smoke. Other than that, we were all right. I am so grateful. It could have been so much worse. We're still waiting on management to come up and deal with the water damage.
5. I went to the doctor's yesterday and found out that I have Perry Patella Inflamation (which is basically just inflammation around the knee). I'm really upset, because I can't run or bike (I was supposed to be biking 27 miles for breast cancer next month and have to back out now), but am glad it's not worse for the time being. The doctor gave me some anti-inflammatory meds and told me if it's not gone in three weeks to come back and that I'll have to get an X-ray. Merrrr...
I'm still smiling, though!
Happy Friday, loves.